Segovia Hot Air Balloon Flight & City Tour from Madrid
A hot air balloon flight is an activity that can be shared between friends, family or colleagues. From the first flame that inflates the balloon to the last breeze upon landing, balloon flights are a unique experience to remember for a lifetime, discovering the unforeseen surprises of the landscape from up on high, guided by the morning breeze. The 1-hour flight over the city of Segovia always takes place first thing in the morning, taking advantage of the weather conditions and soft breezes of dawn.
Your premium small group will arrive at the take-off point with sufficient time to observe the inflation of the balloon and receive instructions from your pilot. During the flight over the aqueduct, the Cathedral and the former royal palace and fortress - the Alcázar Real - the balloon may reach heights of up to 1,000 meters. An expert pilot with years of experience will show you how the balloon works. A ceremony will be held at the end of the flight complete with champagne, breakfast and a certificate. This tour is an amazing chance to get a different perspective of Segovia, declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO, a perfect experience for those who have never flown in a balloon and for those who want to relive a previous flight.
Continuing the tour and heading into Segovia, you will discover the Roman aqueduct on a walking tour led by your official guide. Marvel at this emblematic 1st-century monument, considered Spain's most important example of Roman-era civil engineering. In addition, and to bring this unforgettable day to a climax, you'll see Spain's last built Gothic cathedral and the former royal palace and fortress - the Alcázar Real - built on a cliff at the confluence of two rivers near the Sierra de Guadarrama mountain range.
At the end of your tour, you will return to the center of Madrid in a comfortable minibus, where your guide will be able to recommend things to do during the rest of your stay.
Please Note: This tour requires a minimum of 2 total participants to operate. If the minimum number of persons is not met for the date and time of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives.
Rates - including tax
Tour / Activity Details
7:00 am - Monday, Wednesday & Friday (October through May)
Check-in time is 15 minutes prior to departure.
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Minimum age is 9. Minimum age to taste wine is 18. Minimum 2 persons required to operate. Maximum 8 persons per tour. Pick-up from city center hotels in Madrid is included. Rates are per-person in U.S. Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown at checkout includes any fuel surcharges, service charges and tax. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
Tour / Activity Policies
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Change Fee Policy: If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Tour / Activity Description
COVID-19 Protocols Updates
- Busy areas are frequently disinfected
- Guides must wash their hands frequently
- Sanitizing hand gel available for guests and staff
- Transport vehicles and other equipment are disinfected regularly
- Social distancing will be implemented during the tour
- Staff temperature is checked frequently
- The use of face masks in public areas is mandatory in accordance with Spanish government regulations
- Contactless payment of tips is available
- Staff showing symptoms will be required to stay at home
- Due to weight distribution needs for safe flight, you must specify weights for all members of your party at the time of booking.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 total participants to operate. If the minimum number of persons is not met for the date and time of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives.
- Please specify any dietary restrictions during the booking process.
- This tour is subject to cancellation or rescheduling due to inclement weather.
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible.
- Tours may be affected by special or unusual circumstances.
- Central Madrid hotel pick-up and drop-off - you must provide exact address of your lodging plus contact phone and email address for your guides to contact you - the afternoon before your tour (between 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm) the guides will contact you via email with the pick-up agenda and details, plus contact information for the pick-up driver
- Hot air balloon flight over Segovia
- Countryside breakfast with a glass of Cava
- Assistance from a 4x4 vehicle throughout the activity (permanent radio connection with the balloon)
- Flight certificate
- Photos of the adventure
- Guided tour of Segovia by a professional, biligual guide (English & Spanish)
- Hotel pick-up outside Central Madrid
- Additional food or beverages not specified as included
- Optional guide gratuities
- Minimum tour age is 9.
- Minimum age to drink Cava is 18.
- Maximum 8 persons per tour.
Where two times are noted, first time is for summer (June through September) with second time noted for the rest of the year.
06:30 / 07:30 - Pick-ups at traveler accommodations
08:00 / 08:30 - Arrival at fly camp; welcome by Official Specialist Guide & fly camp staff
08:15 / 08:45 - Hot Air Balloon Flight
09:30 / 09:45 - Brunch: Tasting appetizers and Toast / Receive Fly Experience certificates
10:30 / 11:00 - Departure to city of Segovia
11:30 - Arrival in Segovia and walking tour including Roman aqueduct
12:00 - Visits to the Royal Alcazar and External views from Segovia's Cathedral
13:30 - Return to Madrid
14:30 / 15:00 - Finish at travelers' locations.
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Minimum age is 9. Minimum age to taste wine is 18. Maximum 8 persons per tour. Pick-up from city center hotels in Madrid is included. Rates are per-person in U.S. Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
- Comparative selection of tours and activities from the largest independent booking service.
- This web site provides a booking service for a variety of shows, tours, and activities and is not connected with or sponsored by any of the venues, teams, performers, events, or organizations unless this web site expressly indicates that it or Alcatraz Media Inc. is an official partner. All trademarks and photo copyrights are the property of their respective owners. Images on this website are for factual depiction only. This web site and Alcatraz Media Inc. may have no affiliation with persons or organizations where images appear.
- Choose from a Wide Variety of Tours & Activities: Compare All Available, and Make Your Choices
- We provide the ability for you to review a comparative selection of tours and activities. Click on the "Tours" button on the toolbar, and you can compare everything we offer in this area. The Reserve123 Network offers the largest independent booking service in the world with 10,000 tours and activities worldwide.